How to apply

Do I Qualify?
  • Under the terms of the Trust, grants are limited  to women.
  • You must be eighteen years of age or over to qualify.
  • You must not have had a holiday in recent years.
  • You must not have received a grant from the Trust for at least three years.  Consideration will be given to those re-applying after three years only after applications from women who have not had a holiday for a longer period of time have been dealt with.
  • A sponsoring body or person must support your application with a letter explaining why they feel you are eligble for a holday grant. The sponsoring body or person must be supporting you on a professional basis regarding your personal circumstances, e.g. GP, Social Worker, Support worker, Trade Union Official, but not friends, family or work colleagues.
  • Preference is given to women who are; or have been normally in employment.  Women in work are considered as well as those who are not, the criteria being that the Trust provides for the woman in need.  The Trust recognises that a holiday may not be financially possible even for those in work.

Making the Arrangents

It is up to you to choose your own holiday and to make enquiries with a local travel agent.  The Trust encourages women to go away on their own. However, if you want to accompanied, the Trust has no objection, but no additional funding is available. The money is normally paid directly to the holiday provider. The Trust receives many requests for help. 

Every application is considered on its merits.  You should not enter into any financial commitment until the Trust has confirmed that your application has been approved.  The Trust cannot make any payment unless agreement has first been obtained.

If you and your sponsor decide that you meet the Trustís criteria, you should now prepare your application.

What do I need to do?

    • Download and print the application form from this link Click here
    • You need to complete the application form fully and accurately, giving as much information as possible.
    • You should then arrange for your sponsor to complete the second section of the form.
    • The form should then be returned to:
  • Mary Macarthur Holiday Trust
  • Unite House
  • 1 Cathedral Road
  • What Happens Next?
  • Your application will be considered by the Management Committee at their quarterly meeting and you will be informed of their decision.