How to applyDo I Qualify?
- Under the terms of the Trust, grants are limited to women.
- You must be eighteen years of age or over to qualify.
- You must not have had a holiday in recent years.
- You must not have received a grant from the Trust for at least three years. Consideration will be given to those re-applying after three years only after applications from women who have not had a holiday for a longer period of time have been dealt with.
- A sponsoring body or person must support your application with a letter written on the sponsor's letterhead paper explaining why they feel you are eligible for a holiday grant and how a holiday would benefit your health. The sponsoring body or person must be supporting you on a professional basis regarding your personal circumstances, e.g. GP, Social Worker, Support Worker, Trade Union Official, but not friends, family or work colleagues.
- Preference is given to women who are; or have been normally in employment. Women in work are considered as well as those who are not, the criteria being that the Trust provides for the woman in need. The Trust recognises that a holiday may not be financially possible even for those in work.
Making the Arrangements
The money is normally paid directly to the holiday provider.The Trust now has the facility to make the payment using a debit card. Also, if the successful applicant chooses to book online, the Administrator has the facility to re-imburse via bank transfer. To do this the Administrator must receive the receipt of the holiday payment. It is up to you to choose your own holiday and to make enquiries with a local travel agent. The Trust encourages women to go away on their own. However, if you want to accompanied, the Trust has no objection, but no additional funding is available. The Trust receives many requests for help.
Every application is considered on its merits. You should not enter into any financial commitment until the Trust has confirmed that your application has been approved. The Trust cannot make any payment unless agreement has first been obtained. (i.e. We will not honour any holiday booked before the decision is made.)
If you and your sponsor decide that you meet the Trusts criteria, you should now prepare your application.
What do I need to do?
- Download and print the application form from this link Click here or contact the Administrator to post an application form to you.
- You need to complete the application form fully and accurately, giving as much information as possible.
- You should then arrange for your sponsor to complete the second section of the form.
- The form and letter of support should then be returned to:
- Mary Macarthur Holiday Trust
- Unite House
- 1 Cathedral Road
- CF11 9SD
- Email: email@example.com
- What Happens Next?
- Your application will be considered by the Management Committee at their quarterly meeting and you will be informed of their decision.